Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Two New Albums Release Today

I will periodically post about new albums that have recently been released. The two of today are Amos Lee's "Mission Statement" as well as Iron and Wine's "Kiss Each Other Clean".

If you like Amos Lee, you don't have to worry about him regressing at all. He continues to do what he does and nail each and every song. I know there is a place and time for every kind of music, and this definitely has a certain easy-going feel to it, so listen to it accordingly. If I was rating these album out of 10, then I would give it a good 7.5, it is one of his better ones for sure, but I know he can do better. I posted the song "Jesus" off his new album for you all to listen to if you wanted to get a good feel for what it's like.


The second album mentioned is by Iron and Wine. I'm sure a lot of you find them boring, but as of late they have been producing more energy filled music instead of the typical acoustic guitar and one guy deal. Now I don't like this album as much as I like Amos Lee's, but it is still a very good album and I recommend it if you know who Iron and Wine is and you like what they do. If you have never heard of them, I suggest you check out The Shepard's Dog album because I feel that is their best to date. I posted a song off their new album that I thought gives a good representation of how it sounds.


 


Much Love,
Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment