Saturday, February 5, 2011

Super Bowl Prediction by Skinned Lion


Lion's Prediction

I am sure all of you were eagerly awaiting this post on our blog...well you don't have to wait any longer.  When breaking down this match-up it is honestly one of the more evenly matched Super Bowls I can remember.  You have two great quarterbacks in Rodgers and Roethlisberger and if I am to give an edge in this match-up, I am unfortunately going to have to say Roethlisberger.  He has lead him team to two Super Bowl titles and you really can't argue against his success in the playoffs. When is comes down to the running backs, I am going to shock some people and actually pick Starks over Mendenhall.  I know Mendenhall is the more experienced back and has also won a Super Bowl and this completely goes against what I just stated above, but I am going with my gut on this one and say that Starks will end up being the more productive back this game.  Wide receivers are a complete coin-flip, but I am going to give the edge to the Packers core strictly because the Steelers secondary outside of Polamalu is very suspect and can be exploited...watch out for James Jones in this game, a lot of attention will be put on Driver and Jennings and Jones will be the beneficiary of some open looks.  The big question is what defense to pick, and as I said early, this match-up is the closest to two exact teams in a long time...but I am going to give it to the Packers. Their secondary will be the reason they win this game, and yes I know Clay Matthews is excellent and their d-line is good also...but their secondary is going to be the key to this game. Sam Shields and Tramon Williams are two names that you will frequently hear during the game, so remember where you heard that. I look forward to this Super Bowl more than most others because I sincerely hate the Packers because they are in my beloved Lions division and it pains me to say this....because here is my score prediction...

Packers 21 - Steelers 17


R. Duke's Prediction


Unfortunately another year has rolled by with my beloved Redskins watching the Big Game from the comfort of their own homes.  What do you know once again evaluate the Steelers.  The model franchise of the NFL makes it presence known once again in Superbowl 45 (I’m not roman nor do I know roman numerals).  The Steelers are exactly what they always are great defense and a powerful running game with a side of burger. They will be matched up with the Pack another model franchise that knew what they had in Aaron Rogers.  I refuse to mention #4 because isn't everyone tired of him.  Much like the Steelers they have a great defense, an exceptional QB and a running game proving to be a force.  Match ups I'm going with Rogers over Big Ben, I understand the ring's and the experience are in Ben's favor but I believe Rogers is simply a better QB.  Clay Matthews will take full advantage of how long Ben holds on to the ball causing a fumble and helping his defense get at least 3 sacks in this game.  Rogers has the tools and the weapons to expose the Steelers through the air with a banged up Polamalu.  I’m not sure of the health of Driver so I’m gonna go with Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings putting up big numbers.  Running game is a wash for me I think both teams will run often early with mild success to set up the passing game, but this game will be won through the air.  Steeler’s injury concerns and the speed and playmaking abilities of the Packers defense will result in the big turnovers to win this game.

Packers 24 Steelers 17

And I’m not just differing my opinion for argument sake.  This truly is the most evenly matched Superbowl that I can remember but you gotta go with your gut and stick with it.

1 comment: